Learning to dance for a wedding is a special gift that you and your spouse-to-be can give to each other. As a newlywed couple, your first dance is your chance to impress with a romantic, graceful and polished performance. A couple who feels confident and poised when they dance together will ensure that their very first dance together as wife and husband will be a memory they will cherish forever.
To ensure that your first dance becomes a cherished memory, our Arthur Murray® dance instructors will help prepare you for your big day. We offer several wedding dance lessons packages or you have the option of creating your own. We will take into account your experience and the complexity of the type of dance you want to perform to make that first dance a memorable one.
45 MINUTE LESSONS
45 MINUTE SESSIONS
45 MINUTE LESSONS
Wedding Dance Tips
- Don’t wait until the last minute. Remember that the schedule will get very hectic as the wedding day approaches. Dance instructors recommend starting four to six months earlier to allow more time for practice, especially if our students are newcomers to dancing.
- It’s OK if you haven’t chosen a song. On your very first lesson we will introduce you to the main dances most couples use. We can help make suggestions depending on which dance you like and do the best. If you already have a song chosen, bring it with you!
- Be patient when learning. Dancing is a great stress reliever, and a fun date night, so don’t put too much pressure on each other.
- Don’t try to teach your fiance. You’ll both have a lot more fun dancing if you let your instructor do the teaching.
- Practice in the right shoes. Wear shoes to your lessons that are similar to the ones you’ll be wearing on the big day.
- Be consistent with your appointments. The more often you come in, the less review there will be on each lesson.
- Plan at least once a week to get the most from your lessons.
- Use the classes & practices when possible. Everyone feels most comfortable on a private lesson, but the classes and parties will be closer to what the rest of your reception will be like, and the teachers will be there to help!
- ENJOY MAKING THE PREPARATIONS FOR YOUR BIG DAY!
Wedding Dance Music
If you have not chosen a wedding song, your instructor can recommend something based on your favorite dance, music and personality.
Below are some of the most popular first dance wedding songs.
- Almost Paradise
- How sweet it is to be loved by you
- Endless Love
- Fields of Gold
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Here & Now
- It Had to Be You
- Let’s Stay Together
- When You Say Nothing at All
- When I First Saw You
- The Way You Look Tonight
- I Swear
- Night & Day
- Someone to Watch Over Me
- Crazy for You
- Don’t Know Much